This is a beautiful pattern from Mademoiselle C. It used only two skeins of Orange Flower Merino Silk DK in Meteorite.
The edging makes it look difficult, but actually its a very simple repetitive cable pattern which gives an impressive result. I must admit that 50 repeats of the edging pattern did get a bit boring at times, so this took me a while to finish in between other projects.
I blocked it with blocking wires which really helped make the picot edging even.
I made this Lacy Baktus for the Orange Flower KAL. I used just less than two skeins of BFL DK in Helios, I wanted it to be fairly substantial and warm. It was a bit of a slog to get through, and I ended up frogging my first attempt as I kept mixing up the right and wrong sides and increased on the wrong side. The second time I pinned a brooch to the right side so I knew it was the right one to increase on.
(Warning: A large number of gratuitous photos of my son follow.) He was being a bit tiresome today so I decided the least he could do was pose for some pictures, which he did with gusto.
“I want to make an ugly face!”